[Samba] Re: cli_nt_create failed on pipe \spoolss. NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Salah Coronya salah.coronya at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:03:57 GMT 2008

Salah Coronya wrote:
>> You might want to look into debugging the cups
>> backend hp job (it's probably a script - try
>> adding debug messages into it to find out what
>> is going on there. Is it printing to a USB
>> printer ?
>>
>> Jeremy.
>
> It is a USB printer. The printer works just fine locally, its only when
> going though Samba it doesn't work. It worked before the upgrade to
> Fedora 9.

Well, I used an overlay ebuild on my Gentoo machine to upgrade to 3.2.4.
Printing works just fine (and it still produces the cli_nt_create failed
on pipe \spoolss to machine WHATEVER. Error was
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED). The message is indeed a red herring. So it not
Samba. Back to drawing board. Thanks anyway, though.