[Samba] Domain Logon Credential Caching
John H Terpstra
jht at samba.org
Wed Oct 15 15:45:59 GMT 2008
This posting is made so that others who search for infromation on how to
configure Samba for username and password caching will find it.
Samba does not control client-side password caching.
Caching of domain logon credentials is a client-side activity. There are
registry settings on the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Profesional
clients that control logon credential caching.
- Click Start >Run >type gpedit.msc
- Check Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
- Check "Interactive Logon: Number of Previous Logins To Cache" (if value is
set to 0 then cached credentials is disabled)
- Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
- Check "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" (make sure
that this is either not configured or disabled)
Please also refer to:
More information about the samba