[Samba] Eficient method to run [net time \\server] on logon script with winxp+domain ?

Eric Boehm boehm at nortel.com
Tue Oct 14 19:17:16 GMT 2008

    f> Bruno La Torre wrote:
    >> hamacker ha scritto:
    >>> I can not find any element inside gpedit to change that.  Do
    >>> you know, what element I can change that ?

    >> configuration computer windows settings protection settings
    >> local settings set right user set change time
    >>
    >> sorry for my traslation.

This might be slightly off topic but is there some reason you don't
use NTP instead. More accurate, less overhead, less maintenance.

You could set up the Samba server(s) as NTP time servers for your
local subnet and run

net time /setsntp:"ntp server list" just once and you would be good to
go. You wouldn't need to worry about time after that.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm at nortel.com               \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail