[Samba] Windows password complexity dialog displays incorrect information (using crackcheck)

Ryan Pugatch rpug at gmx.com
Tue Oct 14 13:59:14 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I am using crackcheck to enforce password complexity requirements on my
PDC.  Windows obeys these password requirements, but the dialog box that
pops up doesn't display the correct information.  This posting describes
the same issue: http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2007-May/131795.html

However, I'm not trying to change the message completely -- I just want it
to provide the correct information.

I don't think changing the local group policy will work, and I'd prefer not
to have to push changes to local policy to each computer.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-Ryan