[Samba] samba+cups failure - no printers in the share list

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Mon Oct 13 11:49:53 GMT 2008

Hi!

Self compiled Samba?
Does "ldd smbd" has a link to libcups?
If you have a smbd that is linked to libcups and cups is running, it
will work!

Only reason why it wouldn't could be access rights in your cups
configuration.

After you verified, that libcups is used, it might be a good idea to
increase the log level of samba and cups and examine the logfiles. They
might contain the information you need.

Bye,

Martin

Martin Zielinski 			mz at seh.de
Softwareentwicklung			T +49 (0)521 94226 76

SEH Computertechnik GmbH 		www.seh.de