[Samba] netlogon script not running...(upgrade from 3.0.25b to 3.2.4)

Johan Landerholm johan at landerholm.net
Mon Oct 13 09:01:24 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I have been using samba for a very long time and have just upgraded my
3.0.25b servers to 3.2.4.

I have a bunch of BDC's located in different areas of the country and a
PDC running at HQ.
I'm using LDAP as the user directory and I replicate the tree to every
site. Samba looks up users using the replicas.
I also use netlogon scripts to mount drives and set the time when the
clients log on.

But,
The last machine upgraded (Novell SLES10 x86_64) refuses to "serve" the
netlogon script anymore.
I have another exactly the same machine and smb.conf that does work, but
this one does not.
I can see it the log.smbd that when the client logs on, the netlogon
share is mapped and disconnected, but I can't understand why it refuses
to run the netlogon script.

I have compared file permissions and configuration files, but I can't
find any difference.

Can someone give me a hint on how to go on debugging this problem and
perhaps find the reason ?

Best regards,
Johan Landerholm