[Samba] Authentification problems with ldap

Jean Frontin frontin at irit.fr
Fri Oct 10 13:05:16 GMT 2008

Hello,

Until now samba authentify users against a nis§ database.
I just only want the same thing but that samba looks for login/password
against a ldap server to identify users.

I run samba-3.0.32 on fedora core 9.

I enter the command below so my server can read ldap :

smbpasswd -w read_pasword

When I write login/password in authentification box on the client
windows XP it doesn't work !

On the slapd.log I read :

Oct 10 11:51:54 host1 slapd[24570]: conn=16 op=3 SRCH
base="dc=ourdomain,dc=fr" scope=2 deref=0
filter="(&(uid=frontin)(objectClass=sambaSamAccount))"

In /var/log/samba/myhost.log I find sam_account_ok adn logon_hour_ok

Any ideas !

Thanks you in advance

Regards
--