[Samba] Re: In place upgrade

Rubin Bennett rbennett at thatitguy.com
Fri Oct 10 12:50:32 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 12:42 +0100, Kristian Davies wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Kristian Davies
> <kristian.davies at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Excuse the basic question but how do I do an in place upgrade from
> > src? 3.2.2 to say 3.2.4.....
>
> *bump*
>
> Please feel free to berate me on no already knowing this.... and if I
> don't already know it, maybe I shouldn't be installing src.
>
> The docs don't mention anything, I'm assuming this is because it
> expects you to already know how.
>
> -Kristian
If you're on an RPM based system, then you just upgrade your rpms (rpm
-Uvh {packages}.

For a system installed without a package manager (i.e. make install),
then you make a copy of your passdb.tdb, secrets.tdb and smb.conf,
upgrade, and put those 3 files back in.
--
Rubin Bennett
RB Technologies
rbennett at thatitguy.com
(802)223-4448

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.
~Voltaire