[Samba] Samba 3.4.2 Installation Issue

Greg WOLD GWOLD at FAMILYDOLLAR.com
Thu Oct 9 19:35:33 GMT 2008

OK. Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+gwold=familydollar.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+gwold=familydollar.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf
Of Charles Marcus
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 2:06 PM
To: Samba Maillist
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba 3.4.2 Installation Issue

On 10/9/2008, Greg WOLD (GWOLD at FAMILYDOLLAR.com) wrote:
> I'm having difficulty installing samba v3.2.4 on my CentOS 5 box. I've

> downloaded the samba-3.2.4.tar.gz file to /usr/tmp (svn gave a timeout

> so I decided to download the gz file instead). I ran tar xvzf
> samba-3.2.4 to unpack it. Then I followed the directions here:
> <http://svnanon.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/compil
> ing.html>, beginning in the Verifying Samba's PGP Signature section.
> Everything compiles and runs w/out issue. But when I run smbclient -V,

> I get Version 3.0.28.el5_2.1 instead of something w/3.2.4. What could
> I be doing wrong?

Sounds to me like you already had the Centos version installed.

If you want to install from source and are up to it, thats fine, but
you'll need to be very careful for this very reason...

--

Best regards,

Charles

This e-mail message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL
information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual or individuals to which it is addressed. If you are not
an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained herein or attached hereto is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify the person
named above by reply e-mail and please delete it. Thank you.