[Samba] Samba LDAP Tools

FC Mario Patty fcmario76 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 06:07:43 GMT 2008

Hi Loren,

I don't understand what you meant by transaction, SQL, and so on, but
I've been using samba and open ldap to provide single login mechanism
for qmail-ldap, domain controller, squid, etc, for 2 years now and
they're still running very good. I can join windows machine into the
domain controller or change user's password using windows wizard. If I
wanted to modify the back end database, e.g. to modify a bunch of
user's attribute(s) like mailQuotaSize, I simply created a script that
will create an LDIF file, and then use that LDIF file with openldap's
command like ldapmodify, etc. If you don't want to type any password
manually, you can append the option 'w' (for ldapmodify command), and
put in your password then. To create windows user, we can use
smbldap-tools. So, that's all. I hope it can help.

Regards,