[Samba] Samba PDC, can't login into WinXP without network connection

John Price jp_samba at gcfl.net
Thu Oct 9 02:23:11 GMT 2008

I've setup a Samba PDC (3.0.28a). I can join the domain
with a Windows XP sp3 laptop and logon with no problems,
but if I try to logon while the laptop is not connected to
the network, it will not allow it.

"The system cannot log you on now because the domain
DOMAIN is not available."

I have the following policies set on the windows machine:

Interactive logon: Number of previous logons to cache (in
case domain controller is not available)     10 logons

Interactive logon: Require Domain Controller
authentication to unlock workstation        Disabled

I know that there should be a way for windows to cache the
logon so that the PDC does not have to be available.

Samba config attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have
to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!