[Samba] samba in wxp environment

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 8 09:13:11 GMT 2008

i suggest you setup a dynamic dns server with dhcp
then, set dns proxy = yes in samba and set owlevel to 65

i bet this works.

bij raising the os level the server annouces it as highest master browser.

bij setting up a ddns+dhcp server, you xp client wil be correctly recorded
in the dns
and bij setting dns proxy = yes, samba resolves first over dns.

also dont forget to set the resolve.conf to

search your.domain.local
nameserver localhost

Louis