[Samba] Another getent problem

Clark Johnston clarkhorse6 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:49:12 GMT 2008

Thanks that solved the problem.
I wonder when this got changed.  The original smb.conf was copied from
another system and modified for the new server.
So somewhere between
The change was made.  I never saw this in the latest HOW-TO either.
Thanks maybe later today or tomorrow I would have thrown the kitchen sink at
this and finally found the problem, so thanks for saving me a bunch of time.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org>wrote:

> Hash: SHA1
> Clark Johnston wrote:
> >  I have set up a system to be a member server and installed the samba
> > rpms.  I then copied over the samba config file and changed it to
> > reflect the new shares and name change.  I ran 'net rpc join -
> > UAdministrator%'secret' and I was able to join the domain.
> > Started up smb and then winbind
> > wbinfo -u
> > and I can see the users in the domain
> > getent passwd
> > shows nothing but the users in /etc/passwd
> "By default, "winbind enum users" and "winbind enum groups"
> are both disabled.  See the smb.conf (5) man page for details.
> cheers, jerry
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> iD8DBQFI65YdIR7qMdg1EfYRApzXAJ91TZwLOdYDymgBSwlA1LmSKe3nqwCgqVST
> QeGBhOk1090EWWs4HSVL0ns=
> =R/kW

More information about the samba mailing list