[Samba] Another getent problem

Clark Johnston clarkhorse6 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:49:12 GMT 2008

Thanks that solved the problem.
I wonder when this got changed.  The original smb.conf was copied from
another system and modified for the new server.
So somewhere between
3.0.10
and
3.0.28
The change was made.  I never saw this in the latest HOW-TO either.
Thanks maybe later today or tomorrow I would have thrown the kitchen sink at
this and finally found the problem, so thanks for saving me a bunch of time.