[Samba] Missing files and folders on Vista

Antoine Leblanc crucuny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:30:03 GMT 2008

Antoine Leblanc a écrit :
> Richard Foltyn a écrit :
>> Anyway, I just tested this on both Gentoo/Samba 3.0.32 and CentOS
>> 5/Samba 3.2.3 with 1100 subfolders and WinXP 32bit / Vista 32bit
>> clients, and both had no problem displaying all folders.
>
> [I] never had that kind of problem when
> using an earlier version of Samba on Gentoo. I'm starting to think this
> might be a FreeBSD issue...

I tried to find the smallest possible example to show what kind of
problem I face :

FreeBSD 7.0
Samba 3.0.30

$ testparm
[global]
         workgroup = HYRULE
         server string = Samba Server
         guest account = guest
         log level = 10
         log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
         socket options =
         ldap ssl = start tls
         create mask = 0740
         directory mask = 0750
         hosts allow = 192.168.

[printers]
         comment = All Printers
         path = /usr/spool/samba
         printable = Yes
         browseable = No

[Documents]
         comment = Documents
         path = /mnt/data/Documents
         read only = No
         guest ok = Yes
         vfs objects = recycle
         recycle:versions = Yes
         recycle:maxsize = 1g
         recycle:touch = Yes
         recycle:keeptree = No
         recycle:repository = /mnt/data/Documents/.Poubelle

On the server, in a empty folder, I run:
$ for i in `gseq 10000` ; do mkdir $i ; done
which basically creates 10000 empty folders. Vista sees only 3352
elements in the folder. There are a lot of missing folders ; none is
displayed between 325 and 6974 for instance. Mac OS X sees the 10000
folders.

Thanks in advance for any help...

--
Antoine Leblanc