[Samba] Server Migration Problem

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Oct 2 10:25:00 GMT 2008

Hallo, Matt,

Du meintest am 02.10.08 zum Thema Re: [Samba] Server Migration Problem:

>> Have you transferred the "localsid" from the old to the new server?

> I just tried this then, and it didn't seem to make a difference.  The
> old server has two SID's ... Here's the output

[...]

[LDAP] sorry - I don't use LDAP, I don't like LDAP.

Please leave the thread in the mailinglist - thank you!

> Yes, I've been trying this , and it's not working :(. ... I'm just
> about at the stage where I'm going to set the NETBIOS name of the new
> server to be the same as the old server ;)

Maybe that helps - I had some strange effects when I changed the host
name to another; somewhere in the Linux files there was still an entry
with the old name.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut