[Samba] samba-3.2.4 Solaris 9: configure gets error: Active Directory support requires ldap_initialize

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Wed Oct 1 22:28:42 GMT 2008

Hi Wayne,

I had the same problem.  I fixed one line in configure:

if test "x$debug" = "xyes" ; then
         CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -g"
else
         CFLAGS="-O"
fi

The second if statement was clearing my CFLAGS setting, replacing it
with just "-O".  I changed the line from CFLAGS="-O" to
CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -O".  This kept my settings.  I don't know if this is
the correct fix, but it worked for me.

HTH

	-John