[Samba] file share issues

Tipton, Josh Josh.Tipton at healthways.com
Wed Oct 1 21:01:12 GMT 2008

I have /oracle/fin shared out but when a user tries to hit it they get
the following error:

[2008/10/01 15:55:24, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1003)

  '/oracle/fin' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to
[fin] Error was Permission denied

This is AD based authentication which is working fine.  If I use setfacl
and give the user permissions to the parent folder /oracle then they are
able to access the fin share in windows xp.  Below is a snippet of the
share information.

[fin]

        path = /oracle/fin

        browseable = yes