[Samba] Konica Printer: Scan to File (Samba SMB share) fails

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri Nov 28 21:42:21 GMT 2008

* Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE>:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 09:24:36PM +0100, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> > I am trying to let a Konica-Minolta Copy-Scanner-Printer store scanned stuff
> > to a file.
> >
> > It works at once, if I let it send the file to a SMB share provided by a W2K
> > workstation that is part of a (Samba) domain.
> >
> > It doesn't work, if I want it to store the messages on a share provided by the
> > Samba server.
> >
> > So far I have verified that the user the scanner runs under is allowed to
> > mount the share and write to it and this marks my wits end. I have log, but I
> > can't interpret it really well.
> >
> > As far as I can tell the client connects, authenticates and then disconnects
> > without giving any reason.
> >
> > If anyone took a look at the log and tell me they are seeing more I'd be
> > helped a lot.
> >
> > Here's the log:
> > <http://www.state-of-mind.de/smb.log.txt>
>
> That log looks very weird. Some messages appear to be debug
> level 10 messages, but if it was, there are lots of lines
> missing. Are you sure you really got the correct, full log?

Yes it is the full log and yes it's weird. Excuse my ignorance, the log level
setting is a copy and paste setting:

log level = 3 passdb:5 auth:10 winbind:2

What should in- or decrease to get more usefull logging?

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de