[Samba] Konica Printer: Scan to File (Samba SMB share) fails

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri Nov 28 20:24:36 GMT 2008

I am trying to let a Konica-Minolta Copy-Scanner-Printer store scanned stuff
to a file.

It works at once, if I let it send the file to a SMB share provided by a W2K
workstation that is part of a (Samba) domain.

It doesn't work, if I want it to store the messages on a share provided by the
Samba server.

So far I have verified that the user the scanner runs under is allowed to
mount the share and write to it and this marks my wits end. I have log, but I
can't interpret it really well.

As far as I can tell the client connects, authenticates and then disconnects
without giving any reason.

If anyone took a look at the log and tell me they are seeing more I'd be
helped a lot.

Here's the log:
<http://www.state-of-mind.de/smb.log.txt>

TIA,

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de