[Samba] Mac .DS_Stores

Mike Gallamore mike at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Nov 28 08:56:43 GMT 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 10:59 PM, Nozy wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> why not get the system to remove the be for the backup start ?
We have 160TB of data, long long time to do a find on the space. In
fact, we have some directories so large that a "ls" crashes (millions
and millions of files generated by an image processing app). The
backups are done on the system live, we are using Sun's SAMFS which
schedules the backups as it thinks it needs to (essentially it
decreases the time between backup if a lot of data has been changing,
if not then it waits up to the pre-specified time you give it).

> or veto them after you have clear them out I use a mixed net work
> here I
> just have my centos box to remove the files or veto them the mac will
> work with out them.
Might work, thanks.