[Samba] How to remove ability to delete files

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Thu Nov 27 17:16:06 GMT 2008

Here http://www.mail-archive.com/samba@lists.samba.org/msg95977.html is
what Jeremy Allison wrote when I asked pretty much the same thing, we
have drop boxes for students at school.  The only extra thing we had to
do was set a default setfacl -m d:u:domain\\teacher:rwx dropbox so that
the teacher had full control over anything the students created in
there. (using extended acls obviously)

Hope you can pick out what you need for your situation.

Steve Rippl
Woodland School District