[Samba] Re: Logon privilege denied using Samba PDC with terminalservices

Patrick Camilleri patrick_camilleri at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 23:50:53 GMT 2008

Finally managed to figure out what the problem was! Somehow in my LDAP
database I had a corrupted SambaMungedDial entry which the cause of all my
troubles. I remember vaguely that it was generated by same ldap tool and I
(foolishly) not knowing what it was just copied (in a wrong format) to all
the other users.

Actually could anybody point me to some documentation about the purpose of
the SambaMungedDial entry in the LDAP database? I wasn't able to find any
useful information in the Samba documentation other than that it's an
attribute in the samba schema. Is it necessary for joining Windows machines
to a Samba PDC?

Thanks,
Patrick