[Samba] User Authentication and Username Map

Alec Joseph Rivera eijhei at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 09:41:52 GMT 2008

On Sunday 23 November 2008 10:07:00 pm Richard Nelson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Do you have entries in smbpasswd file for these users with the correct
> password?
>
> Thanks.

Yup I have those on the password file.. I'm able to logon from a Linux client
when the username is either 'agi', 'Alec' or 'Alec Joseph'. On the Windows
client, however, only the 'agi' (which is the Unix username) will work.

I stumbled upon this only because 'wing' asked me if she can use 'Jo Annelyn'
instead. I thought I would be straightforward to use the username mapping
because on the Linux workstation it just works...

I'm clearly missing something...

Thanks.