[Samba] Accessing shares from 2 domains

Jason x jwalton74 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:47:40 GMT 2008

We are splitting our users into 2 domains(DOMAINA and DOMAINB (changed for security reason)). I am having problems getting users who log into their workstation on DOMAINA to access a samba share on DOMAINB. We are using W2K3 servers as our AD with LDAP. Samba shares on are CentOS5.1 servers. I Can anyone point me to some docs on how to set this up? I have been rumbling through google for the past 2 weeks and haven't found very many links that have been helpful.

We have set up interdomain trusts on the Windows side.

When I try to access a samba share from a windows box on DOMAINA to a samba share on DOMAINB I get this in the samba log:

[2008/11/20 09:53:18, 1] auth/auth.c:check_domain_match(172)
  check_domain_match: Attempt to connect as user username from domain DOMAINA denied

When I do a wbinfo -m both domains are listed.
 wbinfo -m
DOMAINA
DOMAINB

wbinfo --sequence
DOMAINA : DISCONNECTED
DOMAINB : 82408

smb.conf
workgroup = DOMAINB

security = ads

realm = DOMAINB.COM

allow trusted domains = no
rid:DOMAINB=10000-100000000idmap uid = 10000-100000000
idmap gid = 10000-100000000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind nested groups = no