[Samba] empty directory with samba 2.0.24 and vista?

Fri Nov 21 14:06:42 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:50:12PM +0800, Shaochun Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I connect the samba-3.0.24 server on a Windows Vista machine, I
> always got empty directory. I mean that I can't see any files in the
> directory although they really exist there.
>
> But from the same Window Vista machine, everything works fine when I
> connect another samba-3.0.32 server.
>
> After searching the Google, I find that the same problem has been
> reported before, But unfortunately, there is still no answer to it! So
> I reiterate it here.
>
> Any hints?

If you need the required patches backported to 3.0.24, you
might want to consult http://samba.org/samba/support/ for
companies providing commercial Samba support. Alternatively,
upgrade the 3.0.24 box to 3.0.32.

Volker