[Samba] Bizarre - How did windows user setfacl for a file??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:51:08 GMT 2008

Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> Listmates,
>>
>> In 8 years, since 2.02 (I think), I have never seen this ...
>
> You never know, this may be a desired feature.
>
> The question is, why is this a bad thing? I am not much of a Windows user
> and thus I really have to wonder why the ACL's create an issue.  This is
> just a question from me to get some insight into the implications of ACL's
> delivered to the world via Samba.  Also, you did not tell us if the
> underlying fs was ext3fs or ufs or zfs or what.
>
> Dennis

Sorry for the late reply, but the ACL are bad to my rsync backup routines --
very bad. It causes errors in the backup where the files acl tell the backup
that it doesn't have permission to access the files, even though based on the
linux file permissions it does. So it is kind of  mess.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.      |
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC           |             Countdown for openSuSE 11.1