[Samba] Outlook and roaming profiles?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Nov 20 07:31:22 GMT 2008

Im using outlook 2003 here with the pst file on a network drive.
I have about 65 users with at most 50 active at the same time.
pst size vary from 50 Mb to 1500Mb
Server is a P4 3.0 with RAID 1 - 10.000 SCSI drives. and outlook
isn't slow. 3 users have the pc lokal but this is because the size
of the pst files 4Gb+. works ok overhere, but...
remember PST is bad. im switching to imap/zarafa mail server.
why is pst bad =>  http://www.archiving101.com/?p=19 read this.
and yes still im using it.

if you using debian and you want a nice lead to set up your samba
google for big debian samba howto.
i contains roaming profiles, network recicle bin, anti virus ldap
setup. its not a perfect setup but you check to get a impression.

The howto is going to be rewriten when debian lenny is stable.

Louis