[Samba] KB957097 / MS08-068 - and Domain accounts - any known issues

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Wed Nov 19 15:08:55 GMT 2008

Greetings Samba users,

Have anyone encountered issues with Windows patch KB957097 (security
bulletin MS08-068)?  We started to experience workstations and DC trust
issues with this patch insalled. I have seen a scattering of issues on the
Internet, but nothing real concrete yet.

I have uninstalled the patch on one host, but it looks like the machine
record had already been changed, so I had to unjoin/rejoin the host to the
DC. For the record the Samba flags had changed from WX to UX.

We are running Samba 3.0.30 (compiled from source) on CentOS 4.6

Thank You
Paul