[Samba] Re: autodesk / autocad write problems

FC Mario Patty fcmario76 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 07:15:09 GMT 2008

The same problem here. I run RHEL 4 with samba-3.0.10 here and solidworks's
(SW 2008 SP3) user cannot save or run into/from samba share. I upgraded to
samba-3.0.32 and it solved some of my problem (user can save into samba
share directory. What still bothered me was some users could double-click
solid's file (part/assembly, etc - while solidworks application closed) in
samba share dir. and some just couldn't. But, if you failed in the first
double-click, you could try again to double-click those solid's file and
solidworks will open it for you OR run the application first and then open
those files. Funny, huh? :|