[Samba] Re: autodesk / autocad write problems

Tom Vier tom at triadsys.com
Fri Nov 14 21:45:33 GMT 2008

The server has 3.0.14a-3sarge11, but I also tested 3.0.24-6etch10 on my
desktop. Same problem. The weird thing is it can save to a new file, but
if it tries to overwrite, it can't rename. What it does (like many apps)
is it saves to a .tmp file, deletes the original, then renames the .tmp.
It's able to save the .tmp, but then it seems it can't delete the
original. I even made all the dirs 777, in case unix perms were the
problem, but that made no difference. Everything works fine in explorer
and other apps. Only autodesk apps have this problem.

--
Tom Vier <tom at triadsys.com>
Sysadmin - Support Technician