[Samba] mod_auth_ntlm_winbind : questions o

nsteinmetz nsteinmetz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:34:47 GMT 2008

Hello,

I use mod_auth_ntlm_winbind for authentification purpose on my intranet.
However, I have some incidents / performance issues :
- Sometimes a pop-up appears under IE6/IE7 whereas it should not (I also try
to track some issues at domain controler level in parrallel)
- It looks that for each ressource I get from the server (ie each css, js,
etc files), an authorization process is done.

My questions are then :
- Is there, as I understood, by default an authorisation request/response
for each elements of my intranet (css, js ,etc files) ?
- Can I set a kind of cache for authorization, so that I authticate myself
only once per hour ?
- Can I set that authorisation is requested for php files only for example ?
For now, I work with a <Location /> ... </Location> setup in Apache

I use the default authentification directive mentionned in the README of
mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.

Regards,
Nicolas