[Samba] Samba memory usage - how big is it?

Fri Nov 14 09:33:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:50:59PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:54:55PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> You'll have to re-add the memcache_is_talloc()
> function (which I deleted :-).

If you're okay with it, I would re-add it. :-)

> I'd prefer the memcache_add_talloc() function
> to look like the following :
>
> void memcache_add_talloc(struct memcache *cache, enum memcache_number n,
> 			DATA_BLOB key, void **pptr)
> {

Except that using void ** as a function parameter is not
portable C. This would need to be void *, cast to void **
inside the function. But this would blur the nature of that
parameter.

We have the same with talloc_move, here it is also not
visible from the function parameter that we have a
TALLOC_CTX **, so we probably have to live with the fact
that the function prototype is non-intuitive. C just sucks
in this respect :-)

Volker