[Samba] shared spaces

Axel Freyn Axel-Freyn at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 16:23:47 GMT 2008

Hello Jean,
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> I created a shared space and here is the definition in smb.conf
>
> comment = shared space
> path = /local/sharedspace
> public = no
> writable = yes
> printable = no
> valid users = x, y, z, w
> write list = x, y, z, w
> create mode = 0775
>
> Everybody can create folders or get/put files on the top level. Everyone
> can read in folders created by an other. It appears that folders created
> by a client belongs to this client on the server and thus writing in
> this folder is forbidden for others.
>
> Does a parameter exist to permit to write files in folders created by an
> other.
As far as I understood, samba just reuses the acess rights  given by the
Windows-Client when the directory is created. However, these access
rights are logically "and"-ed with the parameter "directory mask", which
defaults to 755 - so: only the owner has write access.

directory mask = 775

should solve your problem.
More stronger is "force directory mode", which simply ignores the access
rights proposed by the windows client.

HTH,

Axel
--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a