[Samba] Samba memory usage - how big is it?

Mike Gallamore mike at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Nov 13 15:18:22 GMT 2008

True. I'm sure there must be a way to figure it out but according to
the documentation the amount reported as resident includes shared
regions. Strange though the man page for pmap states:

	The amount of incremental memory  used  by  each  additional
      instance of a process can be estimated by using the resident
      and anonymous memory counts of each mapping.

I'm not sure how that can be the case if the RSS value includes the
shared space. As with all things in *nix in general and Solaris in
particular I'm sure there is a way to do it, but it's not going to be
obvious or necessarily easy.