[Samba] Samba memory usage - how big is it?

FC Mario Patty fcmario76 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 07:00:06 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'd upgraded samba to v3.0.32 last Sunday before our samba server started to
hang. Every day we have to restart our server 2-3 times (today I just
restart it once). I can see via System Monitor that 33 of our users each
(pid) consume 13.6Mb (average) of memory. Our server only have 1Gb of RAM
but usually it runs very well (except that we've already moved solidworks
engineer to work with our samba server now). With the 'top' command I can
see the total usage of memory come near to 1Gb. Is it normal that we have to
add more RAM or maybe I can do something to tune it to run more fluently.
Thank you very much.

Regards,