[Samba] Vista - Profile - Local

Alex Harrington alex at longhill.org.uk
Wed Nov 12 12:32:27 GMT 2008

> > I can tell you it is possible with XP.
> > I can log on my computer:
> > as "<my_computer_hostname>\lmhelp"
> > as well as "<a_samba_domain_name>\lmelp"
> > using exactly the same profile located at "C:\Documents and
> > Settings\lmhelp".
> > It is very convenient.
> > But to do so, one has to edit the registry.
>
> I don't understand how that's possible. Your machine cannot be logging

> on to the other domain, so the only way this is possible so far as I
> know is if the two domains you're logging on to trust each other?

I just re-read that. OK, so in your example you're using the same
profile to log on to your local machine, and the domain. That's quite
different from using the profile to log on to a second domain too.

Whatever you've managed to make XP do, I'm pretty sure it isn't a
Microsoft-supported configuration - unless someone else here knows
better?

Alex

--
Alex Harrington - Network Development Manager Longhill High School
t: 01273 391672 e: alex at longhill.org.uk