[Samba] 3.2.4 ACL inheritance trouble

Saddi, Chandra Chandra.Saddi at jamesriverins.com
Tue Nov 11 21:04:34 GMT 2008

Jeremy,

I am using samba 3.2.4 on CentOS 5.2, configured as a domain member of
windows 2000 active directory and the client is windows XP.

My problem is I am not able to remove any inherited ACL's on the folders
and files from windows XP client. I unchecked "Inherit from parent the
permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with
entries with explicitly defined here" and selected "Copy" option in the
next dialog box and then I hit apply, it is successful so far and I get
"not inherited" in "inherited from" column. Now when I delete an
inherited ACL entry, it comes back again after I hit apply.

Linux permissions on the share are 777.

Here is my smb.conf:

workgroup = EXAMPLE
realm = EXAMPLE.COM