[Samba] Samba as a member in Windows 2008 Domain

Johannes Picard samba at lonx.net
Mon Nov 10 11:20:17 GMT 2008

Hello folks,
I have not followed this developement lately, but now I would appreciate a
quick load down on the topic. I read in some threads, there are diffculties
with membership in Windows 2008 Domains. A customer recently updated his
domain from 2003 to 2008 and is reporting sporadic access failures with
Samba 3.0.14a.
I updated the the SLES9 packages from Sernet FTP to 3.0.32-36, and I was
able to join Domain, but operation lacks speed and still sometimes "Access
is denied", when it should not be. So to make a long story short:
Is there a recommended Version that works with WIn 2008 Domain (native mode)
?
Your help is appreciated
Best
Daniel