[Samba] Failed to init inotity

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Fri Nov 7 08:46:16 GMT 2008

Sorry, "Trop de fichiers ouverts" eq "too many files open"

The actual values of files in /proc/sys/fs/inotify/* is

# cat max_queued_events
16384
# cat max_user_instances
128
# cat max_user_watches
8192

What is the better values ?

I suppose that I must change theses values for each boot ?

Thanks

        Stéphane

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> a écrit sur 07/11/2008
09:43:22 :

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 09:34:48AM +0100, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > I my log I have sometimes this message :
> > smbd/notify_inotify.c:inotify_setup(283)  Failed to init inotify -
Trop de
> > fichiers ouverts : 2661 Time(s)
> >
> > Informations :
> > Samba 3.2.4 (ldap backend and acl support)
> > Redhat Enterprise Linux  5.1 (data on XFS FS)
> >
> > What's means ?
>
> While I don't speak french I assume that this error message
> means something along the lines "too many files open" or so.
> If this is the case, you might want to increase the values
> in /proc/sys/fs/inotify/*
>
> Volker
> [rattachement "attnl9zq.dat" supprimé par Stéphane
PURNELLE/COR/SOPARIND]