[Samba] Samba and Solidworks (cat and dog)?

FC Mario Patty fcmario76 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:24:22 GMT 2008

Hi all,

We've been using samba for a couple of years now and it always running well.
But last week we decided to shut down our windows server and move all
solidworks file into the samba server. Since then we can't save project
created by solidworks with error code shown below

Access to \\sambaserver\solid-files\~$project1.SLDPRT was denied.

The fact is that ~$*.SLDPRT was created on samba server, but solidworks
cannot load file project1 (it still read Part1). I read somewhere that they
were running well with Mandrake 8 and solidworks (solaris & samba either)
but no one really showed their configuration. Well, you'd maybe saying,"So
start installing Mandrake 8". I cannot do that simply that this is a running
production server and we have 400GB within. Is anybody succeed with the
combination of samba-3.0.10-1.4E.2 and solidworks 2008 SP3.1? FYI, I've
tried the parameter

 veto oplock files =
/*.prt/*.PRT/*.sldprt/*.SLDPRT/*.slddrw/*.SLDDRW/*.sldasm/*.SLDASM/

then

 oplocks = Yes
 level2 oplocks = Yes

then

chmod'ed 777 the share directory (all others application like visio,
openoffice, etc, can save safely into this directory).

They all failed. I use RHEL 4ES and samba that came with this distro. Any
help would be appreciated.

Regards,