[Samba] Problems joining a domain with a large number of DCs

Wed Nov 5 10:28:25 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 05:59:25PM -0500, Eric Diven wrote:
> I'm having issues joining samba to a domain with a large number of
> domain controllers.  The domain is a mixed windows 2003/windows 2008
> domain.  The samba server is Solaris 10 update 5 running on SPARC.
>
> I have a custom samba build of samba 3.0.28 on the server because we
> need Tobi Oetiker's samfs patch.  Because of the issue that version has
> with passwords longer than eight characters on Solaris, I've also build
> samba 3.0.24 for using net to join the domain.

You might want to use the latest git checkout of 3-0-test,
for example available via

http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba.git?a=snapshot;h=af33c8b3521564c;sf=tgz

as there have been fixes for the server affinity cache
during join.

Volker