[Samba] Not able to remove inherited ACL's on folders and files

Saddi, Chandra Chandra.Saddi at jamesriverins.com
Tue Nov 4 22:26:39 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I am using samba 3.2.4 on CentOS 5.2, configured as a domain member of
windows 2000 active directory.

My problem is I am not able to remove any inherited ACL's on the folders
and files from windows XP client. I unchecked "Inherit from parent the
permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with
entries with explicitly defined here" and selected "Copy" option in the
next dialog box and then I hit apply, it is successful so far and I get
"not inherited" in "inherited from" column. Now when I try to remove an
inherited ACL entry, it comes back again after I hit apply.

Any help or ideas really appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Chandra