[Samba] Remove old password in Windows

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:07:01 GMT 2008

I have Samba running as File Server. Most workstation uses Windows XP and I
usually map the samba drive to Windows.

When I change password, users doesn't prompt to re-enter their password. It
seems the password was cache on Windows and even though I already change the
password, since they have previous connection, they have already granted
access to that directory despite of the new password.

Is there a way that Windows Users will be force to re-enter their new
password?

Also, after changing the password of the user in samba, I restart samba
service (service smb restart). However, Windows XP users was prompt of
"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password". It seems it still using
the old password but since I have change their password, Windows still using
the old password.

I have visited control panel--->user account-->manage my network password
but didn't see any password save.

Please advise if their are other people experience the same thing.

--
Nelson Serafica

http://nelsontux.blogspot.com