[Samba] NetBIOS Hostname

William W. Hammond support at mbdsoft.com
Fri May 30 17:54:33 GMT 2008

I was setting up Samba on an OpenSuSE 10.3 i386 computer.

At the last minute I decided to enter a NetBIOS Hostname, big mistake.
A message popped up warning me that entering a NetBIOS Hostname would
create a new UID and Clients may no longer be able to connect.
The Message was correct....

However, (Design Flaw) at that point there was no way for me to back out or
cancel, so the deed was done.

How or where do you remove or change that option...?

Performance Technology Systems Design

"Being in Politics is like being a football coach. You have to be
smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important."

Eugene McCarthy (1916 - 2005)