[Samba] ldap groups?

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Fri May 30 11:45:49 GMT 2008

Hi,

In the past I have created an LDAP group 'Accounting' and used
that group to set permissions on shares coming from a Windows 2003
server. I am now trying to create a group 'Marketing' for the same
purpose. I have created the group in phpLdapAdmin and created the
group using smbldap-groupadd. Oh, and I copied the 'Accounting' group
to 'Marketing'. Each time I create the group I can see the group in
phpLdapAdmin and also with 'getent group' on linux. When I try to
modify the permissions for the directory in Windows 2003 server the
group 'Marketing' does not appear in the list of groups I can add to
the directory. There are no errors displayed, the group 'Marketing'
is just not there.

Any ideas?

Mike

openldap 2.3.30