[Samba] Debian packages for CVE-2008-1105

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu May 29 17:25:59 GMT 2008

Quoting Nick Boyce (nick.boyce at gmail.com):

(please keep applause for the moment we will upload the fixed packages
for etch. I haven't done this yet...3.0.30 is in unstable now, though)

> Just wondering - given all the improvements (particularly Vista
> compatibility) made since 3.0.24 - does anyone know of a backport of
> anything later than 3.0.24 for Etch on i386 ?

Maybe check on backports.org but, IIRC, there is noone maintaining
such backports for samba there.

I think that simply rebuilding the current lenny packages would work:

In /etc/apt/sources.list on an etch machine:

deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

Then:
apt-get update
apt-get source samba
cd samba-3.0.30
dpkg-checkbuilddeps

.../... install all packages needed to build as reported

debuild

If you want to build in a clean environment (recommended if you make
such packages available to other users), you should use "pbuilder" to
build in a dedicated and clean chroot.