[Samba] tdb samba and NTFS ACL Support

Thu May 29 09:49:02 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 07:20:38PM +1000, Evan Koutsandreou wrote:
> i was wondering how a ctdb samba (or IBM SOFS) solution provides full NTFS
> ACLs support?

Samba can use the NFSv4 ACLs that a filesystem might
provide. These are really close to NTFS ACLs. GPFS does so.

> - Is there a specific vfs module which must be loaded? etc...

There's a bunch of ctdb/samba/gpfs specific smb.conf
settings that must be activated for proper operation, you
might want to contact the IBM SOFS Team for exact details.

> I am in the process of designing a very large fileserver within an Active
> directory domain.
>
> I have seen a SOFS presentation on the web and was wondering if the ctdb
> samba & gpfs
>
> approach would be an reasonable solution?

I'd say this is a really good solution, but I'm a bit
biased, because I've done a lot of work in that area :-)

Volker