[Samba] Directory permission windows issue

Conor O'Callaghan cocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed May 28 20:49:33 GMT 2008

2008/5/28 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>:

> Do you have acls activated on your unix host filesystem?
>
> Is the problem that you set an acl in windows properties tab and after
> pressing accept the acls go back to what you had before?
>
> Do you have your nsswitch.conf set to use winbind?
>
> John

Hi John,

The kernel has acl support and the share partition is mounted with acls
support. The problem occurs on directories, when you set permissions, the
permissions will change but windows properties show all the security boxes
unticked as if no user has any permissions on it. I can see the permissions
being set by monitoring the host file system, as I say this functions
correctly for files and the tick boxes in windows show the appropriate
settings which is useful, but the same does not occur in setting directory
permissions.

My nssswitch.conf also uses winbind.

Best Regards,

Conor