[Samba] WinXP not creating profile

Lluís enboig at gmail.com
Wed May 28 08:33:35 GMT 2008

I have just installed a new samba PDC following
http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-gutsy-samba-domaincontroller-p2

but my winXP clients don't save their profile. It is created a
directory /home/samba/profiles/USER with permission 700 but no file is
saved there. The computer I amb testing with was in the old samba PDC
saving the profile with no problem, so I suppose is a samba problem.

Any hint of what may I be missing?

My smb.conf seen by testparm is:
[global]
        workgroup = BARCELONES
        server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully*
.
        passwd chat debug = Yes
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 3
        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
        printcap name = CUPS
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u' -g users -G users
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
        add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usernod -G %g %u
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false/ -d
/var/lib/nobody %u
        logon script = scripts/logon.bat
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
        logon drive = Z:
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        idmap uid = 15000-20000
        idmap gid = 15000-20000
        template shell = /bin/bash

[public]
        guest ok = Yes
        available = No

[homes]
        comment = Home
        valid users = %S
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        create mask = 0700
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/lib/samba/printers
        write list = root, @smbadmin

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /home/samba/netlogon
        valid users = %U
        admin users = Administrator
        guest ok = Yes
        share modes = No

[profiles]
        comment = User profiles
        path = /home/samba/profiles
        valid users = %U
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No

[Secretaria]
        path = /home/samba/secretaria
        valid users = @secretaria
        force group = secretaria
        read only = No
        directory mask = 0770
        browseable = No

--
*La felicitat ha de ser compatible, compartible i cooperativa.
*Envellim quan els records superen les esperances.