[Samba] printer drivers - Add Printer Wizard disabled

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed May 28 02:01:43 GMT 2008

Joshua Swink wrote:
> * Add the name of the user as "printer admin = username" in smb.conf.
> However, testparm told me that "printer admin" was deprecated. Also it
> didn't work.

 From the smb.conf man page:

          printer admin (S)
             This  parameter  has been marked deprecated in favor of
using the
             SePrintOperatorPrivilege and individual print  security
descrip-
             tors. It will be removed in a future release.

You can use the "net" command to grant SePrintOperatorPrivilege to your
user.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>